Hadeeth 36 : The Virtue of Gathering for the Recitation of The Qur'aan, and for the Remembrance of Allaah
by Imâm an-Nawawî
(d. 676 AH / 1299 CE)
عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه ، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ، قال : ( من نفس عن مؤمن كربة من كرب الدنيا نفس الله عنه كربة من كرب يوم القيامة ، ومن يسر على معسر يسر الله عليه في الدنيا والاخرة ، ومن ستر مسلما ستره الله في الدنيا والأخرة ، والله في عون العبد ما كان العبد في عون أخيه ، ومن سلك طريقا يلتمس فيه علما سهل الله له به طريقا إلي الجنه ، وما اجتمع قوم في بيت من بيوت الله يتلون كتاب الله ، ويتدارسونه بينهم؛ إلا نزلت عليهم السكينه ، وغشيتهم الرحمه ، وحفتهم الملائكة ، وذكرهم الله فيمن عنده ، ومن أبطأ به عمله لم يسرع به نسبه ).
رواه مسلم [ رقم : 2699 ] بهذا اللفظ
On the authority of Abu Hurairah (radiAllaahu anhu) that the Prophet (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :
Whoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allaah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Resurrection. And whoever alleviates the need of a needy person, Allaah will alleviate his needs in this world and the Hereafter. Whoever shields [or hides the misdeeds of] a Muslim, Allaah will shield him in this world and the Hereafter. And Allaah will aid His Slave so long as he aids his brother. And whoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allaah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the Houses of Allaah, reciting the Book of Allaah and studying it among themselves, except that Sakeenah (Tranquility) descends upon them, and Mercy envelops them, and the angels surround them, and Allaah mentions them amongst those who are with Him. And whoever is slowed down by his actions, will not be hastened forward by his lineage.
It was related by Muslim in these words.
• That this hadeeth contains encouragement to help each other for our own benefit
• That any Muslim who makes a Muslim happy will receive the Mercy of Allaah on the Day of Resurrection, and He will remove one of his griefs that Day
• That any Muslim who sees to the need of another Muslim, will have his own needs seen to by Allaah
• That any Muslim who protects another Muslim will be protected by Allaah
• That Allaah will help us as long as we help each other
• That one who strives to gain Knowledge of the Deen will be helped by Allaah in acting upon it
• That the mosques should be used to gather in to study the Deen and to recite the Qur'aan collectively
• That such groups of people receive the Peace and Mercy of Allaah, and are surrounded by the Angels, and are mentioned by Allaah to those near Him
• That this is true for any group of Muslims, whether or not they are scholars or very pious individuals
• That when we remember Allaah, He remembers us and makes mention of us
• That if one becomes lax in his religious duties, his lineage or ancestry will not avail him anything before Allaah
• Seeking knowledge of the Deen entails acting upon it and propagating it