Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Ibn Al Qayyim - rahimahullâh - says:
“The reasons which cause mahabbah of Allâh to develop, are ten:
Firstly: Reciting the Qur‘ân, reflecting and understanding its meaning and its intent.
Secondly: Drawing closer to Allâh - the Most High - through optional deeds, after fulfilling the obligatory duties.
Thirdly: Being continuous in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allâh, with the tongue, the heart and the limbs - under all circumstances. The more constant the dhikr, the more mahabbah develops and intensifies.
Fourthly: Giving precedence to what Allâh loves over personal loves, when being overcome by desires.
Fifthly: Contemplating and deliberating over the Names and Attributes of Allâh.
Sixthly: Recognising and remembering the favours and bounties of Allâh - both the manifest and hidden.
Seventhly: To be humble and submissive before Allâh - and this is the greatest matter.
Eightly: To be in seclusion reciting the Qur‘ân, during that time in which Allâh descends to the lowest heaven (which is the last third of every night), finishing this recitation with seeking Allâh’s forgiveness and repenting to Him.
Ninthly: To sit in the gatherings of true and sincere lovers of Allâh, reaping the fruits of their speech, and not to speak except if there is benefit in it and that you know that such talk will increase you in goodness and that it will benefits others as well.
Tenthly: To stay clear of all those causes which distances the heart from Allâh - the Mighty and Majestic.
So these are the ten reasons which cause the person to develop true love for Allâh and to reach the rank of al-muhabbah, by which he reaches his Beloved.” [Madârijus-Sâlikîn (3/17-18).]
“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allâh (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut…“
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmtullah
Meaning of Taghut
Ibn Qayyim (may ALLAH have mercy on him) said:
“At-Taghut is anyone regarding whom the servant goes beyond the due bounds, whether it is someone worshipped, obeyed, or followed.”
· This means that Tawheed will not be established except by worshipping ALLAH alone, giving no worship to anyone besides him, and rejecting at Taghut.
· This is something which ALLAH made wajib (obligatory; you have to do) on his servants.
· The word Taaghoot comes from the word tughyaan and tughyaan means to go beyond the bounds
The Taaghoot are many and their leaders are five:
1. Ibless (may ALLAH curse him)
2. Whoever is worshipped and is pleased with that
3. Whoever calls the people to the worship of himself
4. Whoever claims to have knowledge from the unseen(al ghayb)
5. And whoever judges by other than what ALLAH has sent down(Shariah: the law of ALLAH)