“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allâh (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut…“
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmtullah
Meaning of Taghut
Ibn Qayyim (may ALLAH have mercy on him) said:
“At-Taghut is anyone regarding whom the servant goes beyond the due bounds, whether it is someone worshipped, obeyed, or followed.”
· This means that Tawheed will not be established except by worshipping ALLAH alone, giving no worship to anyone besides him, and rejecting at Taghut.
· This is something which ALLAH made wajib (obligatory; you have to do) on his servants.
· The word Taaghoot comes from the word tughyaan and tughyaan means to go beyond the bounds
The Taaghoot are many and their leaders are five:
1. Ibless (may ALLAH curse him)
2. Whoever is worshipped and is pleased with that
3. Whoever calls the people to the worship of himself
4. Whoever claims to have knowledge from the unseen(al ghayb)
5. And whoever judges by other than what ALLAH has sent down(Shariah: the law of ALLAH)